– A prophetic call went out this year to all generations and especially to the younger generation – FIND YOUR AXE HEAD!!! (2 Kings 6:1-7).
– Sons of the prophets arise, expand and enlargen your spiritual capacity, for whatever spiritual gifting is hidden, it’s going to be unlocked.
– As Elisha threw a stick in the water…….we immerse ourselves this week in the water of His Word and His Spirit and expect a supernatural manifestation.
– In this ordained week of fasting and prayer, we discipline our mind and body and bring it under subjection to the Holy Spirit.
– Ps Joshua briefly outlined some guidelines concerning fasting and prayer:
Joel 2:12,13 – ….The Lord says, turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping, and with mourning………..rend your hearts, and not your garments and return to the Lord.
• Bring your mind and body under subjection to the Spirit.
• Spend more time praying as you fast
• It should not be a burden, but a joy.
• Die to the desires of the flesh.
• As you engage God, He releases supernatural power where all things are possible.
• Your spiritual eyes are opened and you are focused.
• It’s a place of humility, repentance, renewal and it brings deliverance, guidance and victory.
• It’s an outward response to an inward attitude- the cry of our soul.
• Choose a 24 hour fast – no solids, just water.
• 12 hour fast – break in the afternoon
• 6 hour fast – half day fast
• Drink plenty of water.
• For those going 24 hour fast, break with a light liquid meal, like soup.
• As we plug into God’s power and presence this week, receive your reward……”that your fasting may not be noticed by men but by your Father Who sees in secret; and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open ” (Matthew 6:18)