The name of the church is:
THE APOSTOLIC FAITH MISSION OF S.A. – TONGAAT ASSEMBLY
The church believes and humbly professes that:
• It has its origin, continued existence and destiny from God;
• It is a revelation of the Church of Jesus Christ, governed by Him as Head, according to the enunciation of the Holy Scriptures, the working of the Holy Spirit and the ministrations instituted by Him.
The mission of the church is:
- to glorify God;
- to proclaim the Kingdom of God by preaching the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit;
- to minister to the needs of the total person;
- to develop, equip and release believers into ministry;
- to extend the influence of the church beyond its boundaries and abroad;
- to promote the fellowship of the believers and to network ministries.
The church acknowledges the following ministries:
- The equipping ministries according to Ephesians 4:1-14.
- Apostles – Shepherds
- Prophets – Teachers
- the charismatic ministry gifts as described in Romans 12:6-9 and 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.
- elders and deacons (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1)
The AFM – Tongaat Assembly has declared itself to be a “Cell Church” from 1997.
We operate in the following ways:
1) Cells (a group of approx. 12 adults meeting at the homes of members)
- Congregations (a cluster of a minimum of 5 cells)
- Celebration (a meeting of all cells and congregations)
- B) We as members of the AFM Tongaat Assembly exist for 3 reasons:
- To Elevate God
Through a lifestyle of Praise & Worship
- To Edify the Body
Through the operation of the five-fold ministry, gifts of the Holy Spirit and through Body Life Ministry.
- To Evangelise the World
Locally: Through the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ to see the population of Tongaat and surrounding areas come to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
To plant a home cell in every street in Tongaat and the surrounding areas.
Abroad: To be involved in World Missions by being a praying, giving and sending Church.
“The whole Church taking the whole Gospel to the whole World.”
C) We as members of the AFM Church want to be socially relevant and as such have incorporated the vision of the Haven of Rest.
By you being a part of this vision, and by your continued prayer and support, we say to Christ’s commission,
“It can be done, It must be done, It ought to be done.”